I feel like I have always had a testimony of the Savior and the Atonement even if at times I have doubted or of course had to study, pray, and exercise faith to find out for myself. However, sometimes it has been hard for me to fully comprehend the sacrifice that Christ has made because it seems like such a long time ago that He lived on the Earth and because I was not there. I know that I will never comprehend fully in this life what actually occurred and the suffering that He felt. But as strange as it sounds, as I watched this movie I began to understand. That great sacrifice that Christ made was real. It was for me personally. It is for you. It is for all of us.
He truly has born our griefs, carried our sorrows, has been wounded for our transgressions, and with His stripes we are healed. I know this is true. I have a testimony of it. Even when we rebel against Him, His love does not cease. We make mistakes, but His arms are stretched out still. He loves us and He will rescue us from our trials and afflictions if we will but open our hearts to Him and allow Him to comfort us. This does not mean that we will not be asked to walk through trials or heartache. That is the nature of this world and we are meant to learn and grow. But He will not leave us.
I am usually not one to get right up and share my testimony, but I feel that tonight I must share what I have felt in my heart and the things of which I know. I know that He lives. I know that He died for us. I know that we have a choice to follow Him. He needs us. He wants us to be on His side. I am so far from perfect. I make many mistakes and long to be better. I know that through Him we can receive help and that these weak things will become strengths. I know we are all bound for great things and that our greatness is realized through the power of the Atonement. I am grateful for my Savior. I love Him and I know that through Him all things can be made right.
I know that Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ stand ready to help us. I know that they hear and answer our prayers. Sometimes the answers we seek for come soon and sometimes they come later. I certainly was not expecting my testimony to increase so much at the time that it did and in the way that it did, but Heavenly Father knows how to speak to me and my heart as He does with each of us. When we begin to understand the Atonement and draw closer to Jesus Christ the things that seem so important in our everyday lives become less of a big deal and the things that are of true importance are brought to light and our hearts are changed.
Maybe this movie won't hit you the way that it hit me, but who knows? :) I hope you will get a chance to see it.
"And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith;"
(D&C 109:7)
--Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment